Sometimes you just want a super simple dinner, no frills, nothing crazy, just some delicious eats. While I love meal planning most of the time, there is a wonderful freedom about looking in your fridge and pantry and throwing together something with what you have already. In my case it led to this really simple pasta that we loved!
We’ve previously established a shrimp passion in our house and it had been a while since I pulled these babies out of the freezer. Not only are they super delish but they are also a powerhouse of awesome stuff you need! They are super low in calories, high in protein and a great source of iron and omegas, who doesn’t want that?
I love the bite of the arugula in this dish works really well with the lemon and shrimp, its light, refreshing and filling without weighing you down.This comes together super quick so if you’re feeling extra lazy or running late, it’s the perfect dish.
Simple Lemon Pasta with Shrimp, Tomatoes and Arugula
Prep Time : 5 minutes | Cook time : 15 minutes | Serves 2
4 oz whole wheat spaghetti
20 large shrimp (we like to use a lot)
15 grape tomatoes
1 large handful or arugula
4 tablespoons olive oil
Salt & Pepper
1. To assemble lemon sauce, squeeze juice of lemons into a mason jar or bowl.Zest one lemon and add with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Shake or stir to combine, taste and set aside.
2. Use 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss with shrimp, add salt and lemon pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Bring water to boil on stove, salt the water, add pasta and cook to al dente.
4. While pasta is cooking, halve your tomatoes and set aside with arugula.
5. When pasta is done, drain pasta and reserve 1/4 cup pasta water and add back to pasta. Heat skillet with remaining olive oil and add shrimp to cook on medium high until pink, approximately 4-5 minutes.
6. When shrimp are done cooking, add to cooked pasta. Throw in your chopped tomatoes, a big handful of arugula and pour in your lemon olive oil sauce. Toss all ingredients to combine and enjoy! I threw some lemon zest on top to make it extra lemony and it was great.
This was so good we went back for seconds but it was even better the next day for leftovers. Eat up!
1 thought on “Simple Lemon Pasta With Shrimp”
Sounds so yami, I am ready to go make it now, though I am not hungry!