Dame’s Powerhouse Protein Bars
Total Time : 15 minutes | Servings : 12 bars
1 cup dry quinoa
1 cup oats
1/2 cup chia seeds
2 tablespoons flax meal
1 cup peanut butter (can also use almond)
1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
1/4 cup rice protein (can omit)
4 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons honey (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread rinsed and dried quinoa and oats on baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes to toast grains.
2. When grains come out of oven, in a saucepan over medium low heat combine peanut butter, cocoa powder, protein powder, coconut oil and honey if you use it.
3. Pour dry oats and quinoa in bowl and add chia seeds and flax meal. When liquid mixture is combined pour on top of dry ingredients and combine.
4. Pour mixture into a lined 8X8 pan and put into fridge to firm up. I have to admit I was tasting these before they were done 🙂
5. After about 30 minutes remove from fridge and slice into bars.