Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Pico de Gallo and Garlic Cashew Cream Sauce
Prep Time : 2 hours | Cook Time : 10 minutes | Serves 2
Pico de Gallo
4 roma tomatoes
1/2 red onion
2 limes juiced
1 large clove garlic
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
20 large shrimp
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt & Pepper
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Cayenne Powder
Other Ingredients :
1. For the pico de gallo, chop all ingredients for salsa and stir together with lime juice in a bowl. Add salt to taste. Let sit in fridge for at least half hour before serving.
2. Toss the shrimp with a olive oil and coat. Sprinkle with spices, add more or less cayenne depending on your spice preference. I let this sit in the fridge too for a few hours to let the flavors marinate but you can definitely do this right before and cook.
3. When ready to put tacos together, cook shrimp over medium high heat for about 5 minutes until opaque throughout. Assemble tacos with shrimp, pico de gallo, avocado slices and cream sauce.
Garlic Cashew Cream Sauce
1 1/2 cups raw cashews
1/2 cup cold water
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1. To prep the cashews, soak them in a bowl with water covering at least an inch. You want to let them sit at least a half hour but I let mine sit for a couple hours.
2. When they are done soaking, throw them in the blender with 1/2 cup water and vinegar and let it blend. It will take a while but you want to let this go until it gets to a smooth consistency.
3. Add salt and garlic powder, I think fresh garlic would also be super great in this or roasted garlic, I just was feeling lazy. In the end you get a super creamy, rich sauce that compliments the freshness of the pico de gallo and the spiciness of the shrimp.
Try these tacos out on your next taco Tuesday for something a bit different and dairy free. Make the time to prep the stuff ahead of time and then go have yourself a nice glass of wine and enjoy some netflix, when it’s time to eat throw it all together and enjoy! Have a fantastic weekend!