Roasted Tomato, Zucchini and Brussel Sprouts Bowl with Fresh Arugula and Lemon Tahini Dressing
Prep Time : 10 minutes | Cook Time : 30 minutes | Serves : 4
2 cups brussel sprouts
2 medium zucchini
1 package mini heirloom tomatoes
3 cups arugula
2 cups faro
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Start by chopping ends off brussel sprouts and slicing in half. Place in bowl and toss with avocado oil and salt and pepper and place on baking sheet. Slice zucchini lengthwise and again down the middle and slice into even pieces. Toss with whole tomatoes in oil and salt and pepper.
2. Put both trays in the oven and roast for about 25 minutes, checking occasionally and stirring.
3. While veggies are in the oven, bring 4 cups of water to boil on the stove and add uncooked faro. Lower temperature and keep on a rolling boil until faro is cooked. Set aside.
4. When veggies are cooked, remove from oven and assemble bowl. Layer farro in bottom of bowl and top with zucchini, tomato and brussel sprouts and top with arugula. Pour lemon tahini dressing (recipe below) on top and mix to enjoy!
Lemon Tahini Dressing
Prep Time : 5 mins | Total Time : 5 mins
1/2 cup tahini
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
Salt & Pepper
1. Mix all that delicious stuff in your blender until creamy, you can play around with this, if you want it more watery add some plain almond milk or water, if you want it thicker, up the tahini. You can’t really even taste the soy sauce in here, it’s like its the mystery ingredient, I made this and felt like it was missing something. Threw some soy sauce in there and it was perfect.